Fibroids in the uterus are very common and affect many women during childbearing years. This non-cancerous, solid tumor can grow in the womb. Many women ask, “can diet help with fibroids in the uterus?” and the answer is that it can, but particularly when combined with other natural strategies.
Foods that Help Shrink Fibroids
Diet alone may not absolutely relieve you from the condition but it is no doubt that foods can be of great help on the process. Here are delicious ideas to get rid of fibroids:
* Choose the right food groups. Whatever condition you have, you should practice to eat healthy. And eating healthy means getting the adequate amount of nutrients. Avoid those foods that increase your estrogen levels because it might aggravate your condition.
* Hydration can also be an answer to the question, “can diet help with fibroids?” Drink about six to eight glasses of water unless contraindicated. This can help detoxify the body and promote your general well being.
* Fresh fruits are beneficial especially those that are rich in bioflavinoids such as kiwi and blueberries.
* Vegetables along with fruits are good sources of nutrients that battle the abnormal fibroid cells efficiently. Regularly have a dose of your favorite vegetable-fruit salad. Just be sure to rinse them thoroughly and have them slightly cooked, as you don’t want to acquire additional diseases as well as lose essential nutrients from the cooking.
* Can diet help with fibroids? It sure will with onions and garlic. They contain loads of antioxidants and help balance your hormones.
* Vegetable oils and fish oils are particularly good for the body.
* Beans, nuts, seeds of flax, pumpkin, and sunflower are particularly helpful in shrinking the tumor.
* A very special herbal tea can help fight fibroids. Get 2 tsp. each of dandelion root, yellow dock root, and ginger root; and 3 tsp. each of licorice root, crushed vitex berries, and nettle. Simmer the first four herbs in four cups of water in a covered pot for 15 minutes. Turn off heat, and then add the vitex berries and nettle. Cover it for 20 minutes and strain. You have to drink it in equal parts, three times a day, 15 minutes before each meal.
What to avoid
Can diet help with fibroids in the uterus? Yes it can. But there are foods as well as lifestyles that will worsen the condition. They include:
* Food that is rich in saturated fats like butter, alcohol, and sugar. They give a high workload for the liver, which in turn makes it difficult for the organ to metabolize estrogen.
* Since obesity is one of the major risk factors for fibroid formation, adequate exercise, proper diet, and avoiding stress will help prevent it or relieve the discomforts associated with the condition.
If you are asking, “can diet help with fibroids in the uterus?” then is a guaranteed system which can shrink your fibroids and eliminate all symptoms.